To contact staff by email, just add together the following (no spaces):
- first name (.) last name @life-house.org
- Maude Dornfeld, Executive Director. Maude joined Life House with a strong background in the non-profit sector, with her most recent experience as the Community Education Coordinator for Safe Haven. She holds a Master’s degree in Sociology from the University of Minnesota, with a focus on domestic violence, sex offenders and juvenile delinquency and a certificate in nonprofit administration from the University of Wisconsin-Superior. In the past she has been an adjunct instructor of criminology and a marketing research director. She enjoys the outdoors, especially kayaking and hiking along the beautiful North Shore.
To contact Maude Dornfeld:
Phone: (218) 722-7431 x. 10
- Shannon Hoffman, Development Director. Shannon joined Life House in May 2014, and brings more than 10 years of nonprofit experience. Most recently, she was the Director of the Annual Fund at The College of St. Scholastica. She has a Bachelors Degree in English from The University of Texas in Austin, Texas and a Masters in Public Administration, Nonprofit Management from Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia. Prior to her work in the nonprofit sector, she spent two years in Malawi, Africa with the Peace Corps.
To contact Shannon Hoffman:
Phone: (218) 722-7431 x. 14
- Ryan Irlbeck, Finance Director. Ryan earned his Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul. Ryan spent 10 years with Minneapolis-based Regis Corporation, most recently as Vice President of Operations. He is a former Certified Public Accountant and has served as the Finance Director for Animal Allies Humane Society and Community Action Duluth. Ryan is currently the Secretary of the Board for Animal Allies.
To contact Ryan Irlbeck:
Phone: (218) 722-7431 x. 15
- Erich Lutz, Housing Program Manager. Erich has extensive experience with supportive housing programs and services that assist homeless youth to achieve the skills necessary to obtain and maintain safe and affordable housing. Erich began his career at Life House in 2001 as the Transitional Services Case Manager. In 2003 the Corporation of Supportive Housing selected Erich as the only advocate from Greater MN to join a group of Metro area advocates to tour the European Foyer Model in London England. In 2009, he worked for the Human Development Center, providing intensive case management services to long-term homeless individuals and families in Duluth. Erich returned to Life House in 2010 as the Housing Lead.
To contact Erich Lutz:
Phone: (218) 722-7431 x. 13
- Eric Goetz, Housing Specialist - Intake & Assessment. In 2012 Eric graduated with a B.A. in Social Work from the College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, Minnesota. While working on his degree, Eric had an opportunity to intern as a School Social Worker in Duluth Independent School District 709, working directly with students, and families of students, receiving special education services. In the spring of 2012 he completed a 450 hour internship with the Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans, where he assessed the needs of homeless, and potentially homeless veterans and their families, and worked to connect them with a variety of services throughout Northern Minnesota. During his free time Eric enjoys traveling and spending time with his wife and two children.
To contact Eric Goetz:
Phone: (218) 722-7431 x. 27
- Jessice Mantor, Housing Specialist - Permanent Supportive Housing: Jessica graduate from the University of Wisconsin-Superior in December 2013 with a B.S. in Social Work. While working on her degree, she interned with Woodland Hills as a Youth Care Counselor, providing positive support in a treatment setting. She also interned with Lutheran Social Services where she assisted in the Renaissance Transitional Housing Program. She also has many years' experience working with youth in environments that focus on strengths-based interventions and client centered modalities.
- Jennifer Salo, Housing Specialist - Transistional Housing. In the fall of 2007, Jenn graduated from the University of Wisconsin – Superior with a M.A. in Art Therapy. While working on her degree, Jenn had the opportunity to intern at Miller Dwan in the Behavioral Unit with children, adolescents, and adults. She studied child development and Psychology as an undergrad and received her B.S. in Art Therapy with a minor in Psychology. Jenn has worked in the Health Care field with at risk youth and adults for 15 years. Jenn is the Assistant Director of an Art Enrichment Program (NCWP) that provides art as healing to women and children in our community. She enjoys creating her own art, reading, and spending time outdoors with family and friends. Jenn is very excited to be part of our Life House team.
To contact Jennifer Salo:
Phone: (218) 722-7431 x. 16
- Kyle Naalsund, Education Case Manager.
To contact Kyle Naalsund:
Phone: (218) 722-7431 x. 12
- Chris LeBlanc, Youth Specialist - Employment / Street Outreach. In spring 2011, Chris graduated from the College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, Minnesota, with a B.S. in Social Work. As an undergraduate, Chris interned at the Department of Institutional Diversity through the college’s Social Work program. Most recently, Chris spent over 400 hours in an internship with Life House, actively taking part in the program data collection / outcomes evaluation process as well as working directly with at-risk and homeless youth in the Life House drop-in center.
To contact Chris LeBlanc:
Phone: (218) 722-7431 x. 28
- Julie Flint, Mental Health Professional.
To contact Julie Flint:
Phone: (218) 722-7431 x. 29
- Jennifer Keuten, T-ACT (Transitional Assertive Community Treatment) Case Manager.
To contact Jennifer Keuten:
Phone: (218) 727-4200
- Ahna Pelto, Youth Center Supervisor. Ahna graduated in 2010 from the University of Wisconsin Superior with a B.S. in Social Work. Ahna interned as an Alcohol and Drug Intervention Specialist with the Duluth Public Schools in the spring of 2010. She also has volunteered with children and young adults both locally and abroad. Most recently, Ahna spent two years working with Developmentally Disabled adults before joining the staff at Life House in October 2011.
To contact Ahna Pelto:
Phone: (218) 722-7431 x. 26
- Rachel Samuelson, Youth Specialist - Youth Center. In the spring of 2012, Rachel graduated from Luther College in Decorah, Iowa with a B.A. in Psychology and a minor in Sociology. As an undergraduate, Rachel interned with the Iowa Department of Human Services and at Life House in January 2011, the summer of 2011 and January 2012. Most recently at Life House, Rachel has been working directly with at-risk and homeless youth in the Life House drop-in center. She has also volunteered with organizations in Australia while studying abroad in the fall of 2011. Rachel is glad to be back at Life House again.
To contact Rachel Samuelson:
Phone: (218) 722-7431 x. 19
- Gabe Mayfield, Youth Specialist - Youth Center.
To contact Gabe Mayfield:
Phone: (218) 722-7431 x. 20
- Chenoa Williams, Youth Specialist - Youth Center.
To contact Chenoa Williams:
Phone: (218) 722-7431 x. 18
- Allie McDevitt, Youth Services Associate.
To contact Allie McDevitt:
Phone: (218) 722-7431 x. 17